Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Trip to the Hospital

No, I didn't get hurt. I had to take a physical to get my work permit. The lawyer who I hired sent me with her assistant to the hospital. For $100 you get the VIP treatment, which means you don't wait for anything. No lines. For an hour and a half we ran from one room to the next. I had my heart monitored, my chest x-rayed, my hearing and teeth checked (dental examine consisted of my opening my mouth and she looking inside), a urine analysis, and a couple of other things I'm not really sure what they were. All in all it was painless.

Yes, the doctor at the end said I had some protein in my urine and I should keep an eye on it. But I chalk that up to being dehydrated at the time because I had gone for my 5 mile run and not been allowed to drink water before the examination. Then again, maybe I have diabetes. If I do, given my diet and exercise routine, it would be a miracle and I'd take that as a sign that God wants me home. I would never ever take any pills. Just kill me first.

I've got three classes a week that I'm getting paid to teach and 8 classes I volunteer.  I plan to do 50-50. Lan who owns the language school that I teach at (with Mike from America) asked me if I would be willing to teach at Pacific Ocean University (last year they asked me, but did nothing, so I was going to say no), they were willing to pay me. I said in that case I would. It really doesn't matter, it's only $10 or $12 an hour. I just like doing it.

My neighbors continue to make themselves home at my house. They gather at my steps in larger groups now as you can see from the photo. Frequently I will be making something in the kitchen and the pop in. I've eaten dinner at their restaurant now a couple of times, so. It's nice.




Next on my agenda is to buy a motor bike.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be back to visit again next year so I figure I can learn some more about it through your stories.

    ReplyDelete